Types of Waste
It’s important to select the correct waste type because certain waste types, such as recycling, cannot be mixed with other rubbish or placed into certain skip bins. The waste type affects the price of the skip because putting some types of waste in a skip not designated for it can lead to additional disposal charges after skip collection.
The table below provides guidelines. If you’re unsure or have any doubt about which waste type you have, or if you have a combination of waste types, one of our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.
- General waste – Most household items, old unwanted broken furniture, whiteware, toys, shed contents, green waste, old clothes etc. NO renovation rubbish or building waste.
- Light building & renovation waste –Most building waste or a combination of building and general waste but NOT INCLUDING any tiles, rubble, soil or concrete.
- Heavy building & renovation waste – All building and renovation waste which can be combined with general waste and include tiles, rubble, soil or concrete.
- Green recycle waste – Tree branches, tree offcuts, palm fronds, pruning offcuts. NO large tree roots, stumps, garden turf or grass with dirt. These skip bins are strictly for GREEN WASTE ONLY.
- Concrete recycle –Any combination of clean, saw-cut concrete, crossovers, foot paths, core-filled blocks, bricks, pavers or tiles only. This is a recycling skip.
- Clean Fill –Any combination of dirt, sand, clay or gravel that’s free of any other materials.
- Rubble –Any combination of small-sized rubble-type materials, including small broken concrete bricks, pavers, blocks that are not core-filled and tiles only. This is a recycle skip.
Mixed loads – Some skip bin hires can incorporate mixed loads for a fixed price. Email email@example.com or call us on 07 5473 0226 for more information.
Rubbish that should not be mixed
Budget Skips and our suppliers reserve the right to collect any additional fees or charges incurred if a light general waste skip bin is contaminated with building or renovation waste, or if any recycle skip bin is contaminated with waste other than specified by the type of recycle skip bin.
Items you cannot put in a skip
It is strictly prohibited to place any regulated or hazardous waste into any skip including:
- Liquid wastes such as paint, oils or petrol;
- Gas Cylinders;
- Putrescible waste which will decay such as food.
Environmental Rubbish Removal
At Budget Skips, we care about the environment. Our goal is to ensure as much of your waste as possible is recycled which is why we stock and supply specialised skips and bins that are only for recyclable products.
We also screen all other general waste skips for possible recycling opportunities and divert eligible rubbish towards recycling before final disposal at the transfer station or landfill.
Filling your skip
According to Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) regulations, all skips can be loaded level with the top but nothing may protrude out of the ends, sides or top of the skip. It is illegal to transport over-filled skips so please ensure your skip has no rubbish sticking above the top level or out of the sides. If a skip is over-filled in this way, additional charges will apply.
Book online with Budget Skips now for easy, secure online bookings anytime. Or call us on 07 5473 0226 for help during business hours or to make a booking over the phone. We are open from 7 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday.